Adult Driver Training
Are you over 18 and getting your license for the first time, a new resident of the United States or an adult looking to hone your skills behind the wheel? When it comes to safe driving, age doesn’t necessarily equal expertise. Whether you need to get your drivers license, build your confidence following an incident or you are the adult child of a senior driver who wants your parent’s driving skills evaluated, we offer a range of packages that will provide you and your family the peace of mind that only comes from the Best Driver Training in Texas.
Certified by the TDLR
Schedule drives online at your convenience
6 Hour Online Course
Customized In-Car Training
Get on the road to SAFE driving
Online Permit Test
Built in practice quizes
Convenient Drive Sites
Locally owned and operated
Adult Driving Packages
Collision Assessment (1 hr)
Private Driver Training (2 hrs)
Senior Driver Tune-Up
Private Instructor Meeting
Senior Driver Assessment (1 hr)
Private Driver Training (1 hr)
Instructor Tune-Up Recommendations
Custom Driving Instruction
Fully customized to your needs
Why SafeWay Driving For Adults?
Learning to drive is not a rite of passage. It's not a game or cool app. It's a learned skill-set. Driving is the only dangerous thing most people do every day, and it requires a certain skill level if you want to survive today's challenging roadways. You don't become a safe driver by getting a license. You become a safe driver by spending hours of time practicing in the car with a Certified Professional Driving Instructor.
The Very Best In-Car Training
You learn to drive in a car, not on a screen. Learn from our top certified driving instructors.
Handle everything from your computer except the driving.
Save More Time
We can pick you up and drop you off if you'd like. We just take the travel time out of your lesson.
Work on the driving skills you want to improve.
50 Years, 275,000 Drivers Trained
With over 50 years experience and training more than 275,000 SAFE drivers.
Steps to Your License
The steps to getting your drivers license as an adult can be overwhelming and confusing at times. We are here to help. Click the button below to learn more.
1. Learn Teen Licensing ProcessTexas law requires teens to complete a 32 hour theory course, 7 hours of driving & 7 hours of observation. An additional 30 hours of driving must be logged before you can get your license. SafeWay offers our teen course online with convenient local drive sites in your neighborhood!
2. Enroll in a Drivers Ed ProgramYou can enroll in a drivers ed program shortly before your 15th birthday. When selecting a program, be sure that it includes both the theory and behind the wheel training. SafeWay's online course is fully integrated with our in-car training, making it the most comprehensive teen drivers ed course in Texas!
3. Apply For Your PermitTo get your permit, you will need to receive the permit portion of your DE-964 from your course provider. you will take this certificate to the DPS along with the other required identification documents Unlike some online programs that make you wait until you've completed the course. SafeWay will mail your permit paperwork after successfully completing your third session!
4. Complete SafeWay ProgramYou need to successfully complete 32 hours of theory work as well as a minimum of 7 hours of driving and 7 hours of observation with a certified driving school or registered parent-taught program. Remember that learning to drive is not a rite of passage, but a skill set. National Standards recommend at least 10 hours of behind the wheel professional instruction.
5. Transfer To SafeWayA lot of students transfer to us after starting with someone else. You can transfer to SafeWay Driving to complete your drivers ed program! Before you begin your in-car driving with us, we’ll induct you into the SafeWay Driving System so that you are fully prepared to get behind the wheel.
6. Complete 30 Hour Parent LogTexas law requires young drivers to receive an additional 30 hours of behind-the-wheel instructions by a certified instructor, parent or guardian before you can receive your license. At least 10 of these hours must take place at nighttime. SafeWay Driving can provide some or all of these hours for you.
7. Take Your DPS Road Test at SafeWayAvoid the hassle of taking your driving test at the DPS office. SafeWay Driving is now authorized to offer the official Road Test at our convenient SafeWay Drive Sites. Get your license in familiar surroundings! Whether you take your Road Test with SafeWay or choose to wait to take it with the DPS, you will first need to take the two-hour online IMPACT course.
8. Time To Get Your License!You will need to receive the license portion of your DE-964 from SafeWay. You will take this certificate to the DPS along with the other required identification documents. If you take your Road Test with SafeWay, we will provide you with a sealed envelope to take to the DPS.
Where is the nearest DPS and what are their hours of operation?Click here for DPS locations and hours of operation.