Attention SafeWay Driving Students and Parents
Here at SafeWay Driving, we know how important your child's safety is to you. That's why we are taking precautions throughout all of our locations to keep our offices and vehicles as sanitary as possible. In addition to our standard cleaning procedures, we will be adding additional sanitizing requirements for all areas in which a student's hands may touch. For inside our offices, this includes door handles/knobs, phones/computers, restrooms, desks, etc. For inside our vehicles, this includes steering wheels, gear shifters, dashboards, door handles, seat adjusters, turn signal lever, etc.
In addition to these precautions, we ask that if your child is experiencing flu-like symptoms, that you contact your local SafeWay location to make them aware. Our locations are happy to assist you in rescheduling your child's drive time. Our SafeWay Driving Instructors and Employees have also been instructed to stay home if they are experiencing any flu-like symptoms.
Below are a few tips for our students to keep in mind.
- NO HANDSHAKING! Use a fist bump, slight bow, elbow bump, etc.
- Use ONLY your knuckle to touch light switches. elevator buttons, etc..
- Lift the gasoline dispenser with a paper towel or use a disposable glove.
- Open doors with your closed fist or hip - do not grasp the handle with your hand, unless there is no other way to open the door. Especially important on bathroom and post office/commercial doors.
- Wash your hands with soap for 10-20 seconds and/or use a greater than 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer whenever you return home from ANY activity that involves locations where other people have been.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.